Benefits of CAPS Membership
In addition to fellowship and networking with other Christians in the behavioral sciences, CAPS provides many other benefits.
Not all of these benefits are available to all members. Please see the description of Membership Types for a determination of what benefits of membership are available for different types of members.
JOURNAL OF PSYCHOLOGY AND CHRISTIANITY
The Journal of Psychology and Christianity (JPC) is an official quarterly publication of the Christian Association for Psychological Studies, Inc. (CAPS), designed to provide scholarly interchange among Christian professionals in the behavioral science and pastoral professions. Most articles fall into one of the following four categories:
- Theoretical and research articles focusing on issues in psychology, theology, sociology, marital and family studies, social work, and related fields which can be useful to academic and applied communities in those disciplines.
- Theoretical and research articles which have bearing on the relationship between psychology and Christian faith, including the interface of psychology with theology and the psychology of religion.
- Applied articles treating current issues in clinical practice, pastoral counseling, family and community services, and similar matters involving the helping professions.
- Articles dealing with the application of psychological theory and data to the work of the church, missions, and other Christian organizations.
PROFESSIONAL LISTING IN THE CAPS ONLINE DIRECTORY
Certain members obtain a listing in the CAPS Online Directory at no additional charge. A search engine built into the directory allows for the identification of CAPS member professionals in a given area, along with contact information and maps/directions to their professional office.
Although CAPS is an international association of members, it also has local chapters in the United States. Local chapters provide more localized networking opportunities, and often sponsor their own conference and fellowship opportunities.
NATIONAL, REGIONAL (EAST US) AND LOCAL CONFERENCES
Members receive discounted registration fees for the annual International Conference, as well as most regional and local conferences. Continuing education is offered at most of these events.
CAPS CONNECT EMAIL NEWSLETTER
CAPS publishes a monthly electronic newsletter that includes news and feature articles, clinical updates, practice development tips, articles of interest to academics, and informative listings of articles and books written by CAPS members.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
CAPS is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to offer continuing education credit for Psychologists and Nationally Certified Counselors.
Through its partnership with PsychoEducational Resources (PER) CAPS is able to provide continuing education for psychologists, professional counselors, social workers, marriage & family therapists, masters–level psychologists, licensed clinical psychotherapists, mental health counselors, drug abuse counselors and clinical pastoral therapists. Please see the list of approvals held by PsychoEducational Resources (PER) to determine suitability in meeting your own continuing education needs.
OTHER BENEFITS AND SERVICES
- Ethical guidelines for practice and research
- A network of professional and pastoral care
- Special offers for discounts on auto rentals, insurance, books and other services (see the benefits in the members only section for discount codes)
- Other goods, services and special offers made available only to CAPS members