Student Paper Competition
The annual CAPS Student Paper Competition recognizes graduate and undergraduate students for excellence in Christian psychological research and scholarship. Three prizes for student papers are presented at the annual conference. The prizes consist of: graduated cash awards for 1st ($250), 2nd ($150), and 3rd ($100) places. All 3 winners shall receive complimentary one-year student memberships to CAPS and a certificate suitable for framing.
Please note the following guidelines: Submitters shall be matriculated full-time students in either undergraduate or graduate programs at the time of writing the paper. Papers should clearly state on the title page only whether the student is submitting as an undergraduate or graduate student, and only one paper per student may be submitted to a competition.
- The typical submission can be theoretical or empirical, and should be conceived and written by one student, or possibly with just one additional student co-author.
- Faculty mentors or sponsors may provide guidance and editing input, but guidance should fall short of the threshold of being a co-author.
- The full paper should be emailed as an attachment, received by midnight of the published deadline, and be in Microsoft
- Word format to assist with blind review by a panel of judges.
- In cases where co-authors win a prize, the cash prize winnings shall be divided, presumably, between the authors, and, if applicable, non-cash prizes will be awarded to the first author. Certificates, however, are provided to all authors.