Grace College & Seminary
Grace College is seeking applications for the position of Chair and Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Counseling for our Graduate Counseling programs (residential and online). Responsibilities include administrative oversight of the CACREP accredited Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs (residential and online) and the Interpersonal Relations program (residential only). In addition, the Chair will be responsible for teaching graduate counseling courses; faculty development; student supervision, mentoring, and advising; scholarly activity; professional development; and university and community service.
Grace is an evangelical Christian liberal arts college and seminary. Located in the resort community of Winona Lake, (near Warsaw, Indiana, 36 miles west of Ft. Wayne), Grace College and Seminary offers associate, bachelor, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Central to our mission is applying biblical values in developing character, sharpening competence, and preparing for service. The institutional goal in Christian living and teaching is to make Christ preeminent in all things. The institution’s programs, as well as its community lifestyle commitment, are designed to encourage serious academic inquiry, a biblical worldview, spiritual understanding, and social conscience, all in the context of God's grace.
The Graduate Counseling programs (online and residential) are housed within the School of Behavioral Sciences in the college. The School of Behavioral Science houses both undergraduate and graduate departments, programs, and faculty. The Graduate Counseling programs seek a Chair who holds views comparable to those of the institution, including the institution's doctrinal commitments called the Covenant of Faith. It also seeks a chair whose leadership, teaching experience, and scholarship will complement the contributions of the department’s existing faculty.
Qualifications: This position offers a challenging opportunity to a faculty member with substantial administrative, teaching, and clinical experience in the area of mental health counseling. The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- An earned doctoral degree in counselor education and supervision, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, or have been employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013.
- Licensure as a mental health counselor (LMHC) in Indiana; or Indiana license eligibility.
- Professional memberships and certification pertinent to the counseling profession.
- A minimum of three years of mental health counseling experience.
- Evidence of scholarly interests and potential.
- A strong familiarity with CACREP and state licensing standards. Previous accreditation experience preferred.
- Three years of successful teaching experience in higher education preferred.
- Three years of successful administrative experience with increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
- Proficiency with technology. Online course development and teaching experience preferred.
- A commitment to the mission and values of an evangelical Christian institution which values the centrality of Jesus Christ and the Holy Scriptures in the purpose and life of the institution.
- A commitment to the integration of a biblical foundation while teaching counseling principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills that engage students in educational, personal, and spiritual growth.
- A commitment to an academic program that encourages personal, relational, and spiritual growth among students.
Application Process: All contact information including a completed faculty application, cover letter, statement of philosophy of teaching at a Christian liberal arts institution, vitae, and three completed reference request forms should be sent to:
Grace College and Theological Seminary
ATTN: Sandra Vera, Human Resources
200 Seminary Drive
Winona Lake, IN 46590
The faculty application and reference request forms can be downloaded at http://www.grace.edu/about/employment.
The projected start for this position is summer 2013.